To fix a pinched nerve in the neck causing arm pain or rhomboid pain, you can try the following:
1. Rest: Take a break from any activities that worsen the pain and allow your body to heal.
2. Heat and Cold Therapy: Apply a heating pad or a cold pack to the affected area to reduce inflammation and ease pain.
3. Stretching and Strengthening Exercises: Perform gentle neck, shoulder, and arm stretches to relieve tension and increase flexibility. Strengthening exercises can help improve posture and reduce nerve compression.
4. Over-the-counter Pain Medications: Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can help alleviate pain and reduce inflammation.
5. Correcting Posture: Ensure proper posture while sitting and standing to prevent additional strain on the neck and shoulder muscles.